Written by: Renee Eldred & Cindi Young Naturopath
Herbal medicines use the medicinal and therapeutic aspects of plants to support your health. These work by stimulating your bodies innate healing abilities. Herbal medicines are formulated using a holistic approach that treats the whole person. The great news is, there is so much evidence based research to back the therapeutic benefits of herbal medicines.
While herbal medicines can be prescribed for the treatment of disease or illness, they are also useful in the prevention of many health conditions by enhancing overall health and well-being. Liquid herbal tonics are a convenient and effective way of utilising the medicinal effects of plants.
For example, herbal medicines can be used to:
- Reduce insomnia and improve sleep
- Reduce anxiety and improve mood balance
- Boost energy and reduce fatigue
- Support hormone balance and boost libido
- Improve digestion, reduce bloating and reflux
- Regulate bowel movements and reduce constipation
LIQUID HERBAL TONICS
The art and skill of mixing individualised herbal formulations sets Naturopaths & Herbalists apart from other health professionals.
Herbal liquid formulating has a rich tradition and is based on holistic principles of providing personalised care. It also allows your practitioner greater flexibility in addressing multiple body systems, and the ability to adjust dosage as needed to fine-tune treatment. Herbal medicines are one of the most personalised ways to support your health. Your herbal formula is mixed JUST FOR YOU! It is rare to find 2 herbal combinations the same.
TOP 6 BENEFITS OF LIQUID HERBAL MEDICINE
- Convenient and easy to take
- Fast and effective absorption
- Allows customised formulations for individualised treatment
- Concentrated to provide a potent dose (and thus no ‘fillers’)
- Value for money
- Flexible dosing
HERBAL PROPERTIES AND ACTIONS
Naturopaths have access to an extensive range of liquid herbs in highly concentrated forms in both an ethanol or glycetract base. Each has an array of herbal actions. Herbal actions are the specific medicinal property or quality of a plant. It refers to the many effects that a plant can have on the body. Many plants have several herbal actions that work in synergy, increasing their effectiveness to support the whole body; making liquid herbal medicines one of the most effective tools in a Naturopath’s treatment protocols.
Withania, ashwaghanda (Withania somnifera)
Herbal Actions – It acts as a/an:
- Tonic: A substance that improves the tone, vigour, and function of the whole body.
- Adaptogenic: A substance which increases the body’s resistance to physical, environmental, or biological stressors and promotes normal physiological function.
- Sedative (mild): A substance which reduces activity, particularly in the nervous system and decreases nervous tension. It may alleviate pain and spasm and induce sleep.
- Anti-inflammatory: A substance which reduces inflammation.
- Immune modulating: A substance which modulates and balances the activity of the immune system.
- Anti-anaemic: A substance which prevents or helps correct anaemia.
Withania’s Herbal Actions can be used to:
- Improve general wellbeing and improve stamina
- Treat fatigue and relieve sleeplessness (nervous exhaustion)
- Support healthy stress response (stress, anxiety)
- Support cognitive/brain function
- Help prevent or correct anaemia
- Help reduce inflammation and support the immune system
A personalised liquid herbal tonic can include up to 6 different medicinal plants, all with their own therapeutic actions, expertly mixed to target your specific health needs.
AUGUST 2022 SPECIAL OFFER
We are excited to announce that Renee will now be available for online and phone appointments Australia-wide! Renee has been working closely with Cindi for the last 18 months and is now available for online naturopath appointments. Renee is soon to be an accredited Metabolic Balance Practitioner working alongside Cindi offering the Metabolic Balance program.
Do you feel like you need extra herbal support?
Book a Online/Phone Health Assessment with Renee and receive a FREE 200ml bottle of personalised herbal tonic (save $68).
Contact us today on 1300 089 969 to book your appointment
Cindi Young Naturopath Clinics are conveniently located in Robina, Gold Coast Qld and Mullumbimby Northern NSW.