Winter is Coming
Winter is only a couple of months away. Now is the time to build a strong, healthy immune system. Every winter when you get sick, you tell yourself to be more prepared next year. As soon as someone sneezes at work, school or home, you find yourself with yet another cold or flu. It does not have to be that way this winter season. Arm yourself and your family with the tools to build strong immune defenses to reduce your risk of getting sick. If you do get sick, a strong immune system will also reduce the severity of your cold and flu symptoms and help to speed your recovery.
The Army Within
Essentially, your immune system is your body’s defense system. Your immune system protects you from potentially harmful invaders by recognizing and responding to them as a threat. When the immune system functions well, it acts like a powerful, well-regulated army. It consists of several specialised types of white blood cells, much the same way an army is made up of many different divisions.
Do you have weakened defenses?
Factors that can contribute to the weakening of your immune system include the following:
- Physiological, psychological and emotional stress
- Lack of exercise (or too much exercise if you are overtraining)
- Lack of sleep, rest and relaxation.
- Exposure to pollution, cigarette smoke and /or extreme cold weather.
Boosting your immune system
The secret to getting sick less often is to build a strong, healthy immune system. Book a Immune Health check in with Cindi Young Naturopath to assist you with advice on diet, exercise and natural supplements that are specifically designed to boost immune resistance and reduce the incidence of infection. If you already have an infection, there are naturally derived medicines can be prescribed to reduce the length of time you are sick and may help to prevent the infection from reoccurring.
Diet & Lifestyle Recommendations to improve your resistance and support recovery from colds and flus:
- REST! Give your body a chance to gather strength and make sure you get a good night’s sleep.
- Eat warm, nourishing foods. Homemade chicken and vegetable soup can help break down mucus that comes with colds and flus. If you don’t have an appetite, the broth alone will provide minerals and vitamins to give you strength.
- Eat foods such as garlic, ginger, onion and chilli to help fight off illness, warm you up and reduce inflammation.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself well hydrated.
Have all essential nutrients on hand this winter. You want to include zinc, vitamin C, strain specific probiotics and herbs in your immune first aid kit, to keep you and your family well this winter.
Book your Immune Check-up appointment with Cindi today. She will design the most effective Immune First Aid Kit for you and your family with high quality nutritional and herbal supplements plus more immune boosting tips.
Don’t delay, find out how to boost your immune system now. Book your appointment today.