Are you ready to kickstart your Ketogenic Diet Plan? Find out how to get the best results on your ketogenic program.
Keto is everywhere right now. It is in the media, lots of people are doing it and you are ready to give it a go. For many, keto offers an effective weight loss plan and for others to address health problems. Thousands of people are getting great results. It is a safe and scientifically supported program.
What ever your motivation for starting a keto diet, it is time to make a commitment to follow the program.
Kickstart your Ketogenic Diet with these simple steps. Get committed and get excited with these daily healthy habits to stay focused to reach your goals.
- Planning your meals in advance and maintaining your Health Journal will keep you accountable of the foods you eat each day.
- Stick to a shopping list to avoid impulse purchases. Avoid purchasing foods that are not on the Recommended Food List.
- Always shop with a full stomach. It is easier to make the right choices when you are not hungry.
- Do not reward weight loss with food ‘treats’. Reward yourself for losing weight in new ways; go for a beach, walk, take that extra yoga class, buy a new dress when you reach a milestone or go to a movie with a friend.
- Remove as much food non keto food as possible from your home that is not on the Keto Recommended Food List. If it is not in the cupboard, you cannot eat it!
- Ensure you get a good night’s sleep. Being well rested will ensure you’re not looking for extra energy from food late at night.
- Connect with a good support network. Tell your friends and family that you are on the program, your reasons and motivations for doing it and how important your goals are to you. Ask them to be supportive to help keep you on track.
- Chart your progress of fat loss/weight/centimeters lost. Measure on the same day. Weigh in Wednesday! Seeing your results proves that you can do it and will help to motivate you to continue.
- Keep a daily record of your food, drinks (including water, tea & coffee). Review this each week with your accountability buddy. Try a keto app, myfitnesspal or record on a chart daily.
- Measure your ketones each day with Ketostix – urine testing or a blood ketone reader. Record this daily.
- After cooking, put away all excess food immediately to avoid unnecessary snacking. If making meals in advance, split the food into correct serving sizes and refrigerate or freeze immediately.
- Have a goal and stick to it. While losing weight, it is easy to fall into the ‘close enough’ thought pattern, letting treats and temptation slip through, never reaching your true goal. ‘Close enough’ will never leave you feeling as accomplished as reaching your goal.
- Realistic expectations. Many fad diets and TV reality programs show people losing a large amount of weight each week. In reality, a weight loss of 0.5 kg to 2 kg per week is an achievable and maintainable goal.
- Avoid emotional eating. Breaking your diet because you are emotional will lead to feelings of guilt and regret, making you feel worse and not better.
- Drinking a large glass of water before your meal will make you feel full and help you to avoid overeating.
- An accountability buddy/health practitioner. If you join a program you have an instant buddy to keep you motivated and on track. The key is to check in weekly with your buddy/health practitioner. Review your weekly results, assess your diet, and stay motivated.
- Consult with a health practitioner before commencing a new program. Safety first when it comes to your health.
- Struggling to noticing changes? Book a check up with a health practitioner. Choose someone who is well versed in ketogenic programs.
- Book a bio impedance analysis assessment/VLA test. This gives you a snapshot of your body composition, fluid balance, inflammation and cellular health and is great for tracking progress.
- Don’t give up, remember your reason for starting.
Good luck on your ketogenic journey.
My final tip is; if you are confused about the ketogenic diet, book an appointment with a health practitioner to guide you on a ketogenic diet plan. You are not alone, sometimes you need extra support.
“ The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new ” Socrates
Cindi Young is a leading Gold Coast Naturopath. She has used the Ketogenic Diet for more than 15 years in her clinic and helps people to follow the ketogenic program successfully while addressing health issues. She is an experienced ketogenic program naturopath and will find the best ways to help you manage your health and weight for life.
Cindi offers a range of ketogenic programs; 30 day Keto Kickstart program, 42 day, 12 week Ultimate Keto programs. Launching soon the Online Keto Club. These programs offer a range of solutions for your ketogenic diet with your choice of weekly clinic appointments or online group weekly meetings.
For your in-clinic keto programs, CIndi uses the VLA Quadscan bio impedance testing( BIA) to track your progress.
Cindi Young is available for naturopath and ketogenic diet consultations at The Cycle of Life in Robina, Gold Coast and at The Fountain Centre in Byron Bay. She is also available for online, skype and phone consultations Australia wide.
Need some Keto diet help? Book your appointment today.
Don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page to stay up to date with latest news.